The 5th International Conference
on Sustainable Future for Human Security (SUSTAIN) 2014
Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel & Suites, Bali, INDONESIA
Bali, November 19 - 21, 2014
The past four conferences have attracted more than 500 participants from Europe, Africa and Asia, with highly-qualified papers and posters. This time we are expecting more than two hundred participants for oral and poster presentations. The SUSTAIN conference originated from the need to provide an inter-disciplinary forum where the most serious problems affecting a sustainable future for human security can be discussed, in recognition of the fact that many future problems cannot be solved by a “siloed” approach.
The conference will address problems of primary importance for human security, discussing and proposing a more constructive and progressive approach to ensure future societal sustainability. The meeting will provide a common forum for a wide range of researchers and practitioners specialising in a range of subjects related to the conference themes.
The Organization for the Promotion of International Relations (OPIR) Kyoto University, Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH), Global COE Program for Sustainability / Survivability Science for a Resilient Society Adaptable to Extreme Weather Conditions (GCOE-ARS) and Inter-Graduate School Program for Sustainable Development and Survivable Societies (GSS) has co-hosted the SustaiN 2013 conference.
This year, the SustaiN Society will organize the 5th International Conference on a Sustainable Future for Human Security (SustaiN) 2014, and co-hosted by :
1. Kyoto University, Japan:
- The Organization for the Promotion of International Relations (OPIR),
- Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH) Kyoto University,
- Inter-Graduate School Program for Sustainable Development and Survivable Societies (GSS),
2. Surya University, Indonesia,
3. Gadjah Mada University,
4. Bogor Agriculture University, Indonesia
5. Hassanudin University, Indonesia,
and collaboration with the Indonesian Student Association (ISA) in Kyoto-Shiga, Japan.
The Sustainable Future for Human Security also includes the following objectives:
- To provide a forum for international researchers community to discuss, share and exchange their latest research progress in relation with sustainable future issues.
- To develop and promote a sustainable networking between participants to hold human securities and bridging ideas into policies and desired realities.
- To broaden information access for scientific communities toward global scientific, technology, social, economics and engineering societies.
- To empower Asian in general and South East Asia in particular for research collaboration, network and partnership among researcher communities and decision makers.
Therefore the hosts and organisers cordially invite global scholars to discuss, disseminate and share their knowledge, research and ideas at our 5th SustaiN. We look forward to welcoming you to Bali. Please pay attention to the important dates below:
Deadline for Extended Abstract : June 30, 2014
Notification of Acceptance : July 30, 2014
Final Submission for Full Paper : August 30, 2014
Deadline for Conference Registration : August 30, 2014
Sustain Conference : November 19-21, 2014
Procedia Environmental Science
(Journal under Elsevier, ISSN: 1878-0296) – scopus index
International Journal of Sustainable Future for Human Security
(ISSN : Online 2187 – 4506; Print 1884 – 8850)